Sunday, April 3, 2016

DPP OU - What have I been missing?

I feel that with the close of the ORAS era, I should try learning a few new things before the eventually Sun and Moon metas make themselves known. I tried getting into BWOU, as you might or might not have seen, but honestly, I couldn't do it It just didn't feel right to me. I took a break after realizing I didn't much enjoy BWOU, spent my time mostly playing ORGs and whatnot. But then a pal of mine offered me a DPP OU team, and considering I hadn't played since 7th grade, I gave the team a whirl.

DPP OU is one of those metas that's so radically different yet also slightly familiar to the current meta that it's a refreshing feeling. The lack of Team Preview brings me back to a time when I thought that using Pokemon like Jumpluff in a legitimate OU battle was a good thing. I suppose I've gown up a lot since then, considering I at least know what Win Conditions are. But this meta is radically different because of the lack of team preview, and I think that's what makes it so exciting. I haven't tried ADV yet since I'm still working with DPP OU, and DPP OU is more splashable, with Smogon Tour and all. So I'm officially learning DPP OU, and it excites me. The dedicated suicide leads exploding after they're useless, Electric/Ghost Rotom-A, the lack of power creep, it's really refreshing.

So that's what I'm doing. Maybe if I have the chance I'll try my hand at the Tours and see what I can do. The next DPP one of course, considering I missed the first DPP OU one.

No comments:

Post a Comment